Welcome to our Worship
Our new Fall Worship Schedule will offer three Services in the Sanctuary
Light the candles, bring in the flowers, and warm up the organ, we’re returning to worship in the Sanctuary!
Our Pandemic-Response Committee has carefully considered your feedback from the Fall Worship Survey and has established three worship services beginning Thursday, October 1.
- Thursday Evenings at 6:30 pm (begins Thursday, October 1)
- Sunday Mornings at 8:30 am (begins Sunday, October 4)
- Sunday Mornings at 10:30 am (begins Sunday, October 4)
All three services will be the same and this schedule will continue through Thursday, December 31. We will evaluate this schedule again at that time.
We will videotape the Thursday evening service to use on Facebook and YouTube at 10:30 am on Sunday mornings as we’ve been doing since early March. The videotaped service will become a permanent part of our worship schedule.
Before you plan to return to your favorite pew, however, there are a few things we need to share with you.
Each worship service will be limited to 60 persons to ensure safety and social distancing. Masks will be required. We ask that you register for worship using the Eventbrite ticketing system for services so, in the event we need to do contact tracing, we have a list of everyone who attended worship.
- As you enter the church building, please sanitize your hands. Upon entering the sanctuary you may pick up wine and bread for Holy Communion or you’re welcome to bring your own elements.
- An usher may seat you and your family, like guests at a wedding, from the front to the back. This is to ensure we have enough safe seating for all who are registered to attend worship. We kindly ask that you follow the ushers’ lead and do not request a specific location, unless you need handicap access.
- As we have done at summer worship, there will be no singing. And because there is no singing and to keep the church clean, we have removed the hymnals and Bibles. You’re welcome to bring your own Bible! We will use the screen to share scripture, too.
- Following worship, the ushers might dismiss you by pews - also just like at a wedding! This is to ensure social distancing. We ask that you exit the building as quickly as possible and limit more extended conversations to the outside. We ask that you kindly refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or other person-to-person contact. Thank you for your understanding!
- Restrooms will be open in the church during worship. We ask that you accompany any young children to the restrooms to ensure handwashing and safety protocols are followed. We will not be providing Nursery at this time.
We ask for your kind patience and grace as we make another transition in our worship and life together during this COVID-19 pandemic. As Christians, we are called to care for one another -- and we are committed to ensuring your safety while providing opportunities for worship, education, service, and fellowship.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Pastor Bill Uetricht or the church office at 231-744-1522.
Admission Tickets for In-Person Worship
Please use the following directions to reserve your free tickets to attend worship.
- Go to Eventbrite.
- Select the Worship Service you wish to attend & click the date to begin.
- On the Event page, click the green “REGISTER” button to begin.
- Select the number of tickets you wish to order. You may order up to 10 tickets. If you need more, please make additional orders. Click the orange “REGISTER” button.
- Add your name and email address to the order on the Check Out page. Click the orange “REGISTER” button.
- Your ticket order will be sent to your email address. You may either PRINT your tickets - a PDF file with your tickets will be attached to the email, OR you may download the Eventbrite App and add the tickets to your phone.
- Bring your printed ticket(s) or show your ticket via the Eventbrite App to the ushers when you arrive at Worship.
If you need assistance with your ticket order, please contact the Church Office (231-744-1522). We look forward to seeing you at Worship!
Our church building is handicap accessible. To access the sanctuary for worship, please use the front doors facing Whitehall Road. Other parts of our building are accessible by an elevator located in the hallway behind the Fellowship Hall. If you require additional accommodations, please contact the church office at 231-744-1522 and we’ll be happy to assist you.