We've Returned to In-Person Worship, Small Groups
In-Person Worship has returned! In-Person Worship Services are held on Thursdays at 6:30 pm and Sundays at 10:30 am. We require everyone to wear a mask and maintain social distancing protocols. There is a limit of 75 persons at each worship service.
- Worship reservations are available at Eventbrite (www.firstlutheranmuskegon.eventbrite.com)
We ask everyone to make a reservation for worship as this provides the staff with a participant list in case contact tracing becomes necessary. You do not need to bring the Eventbrite ticket to worship.
Small Groups (such as Confirmation, Hand Bells, Quilters, Shop Guys, and others) have also returned. At this time, these groups may have 10 or fewer participants. Group leaders should check-in with the church office for further details including a start date and location. These groups will be required to track participants, wear masks, and maintain social distancing protocols at all times.
Protocols for In-Person Worship
- Please wear a mask to worship and/or events at our church.
- As you enter the church building, please sanitize your hands. Upon entering the sanctuary you may pick up wine and bread for Holy Communion or you’re welcome to bring your own elements.
- An usher may seat you and your family, like guests at a wedding, from the front to the back. This is to ensure we have enough safe seating for all who are registered to attend worship. We kindly ask that you follow the ushers’ lead and do not request a specific location unless you need handicap access.
- As we have done in the past, there will be no singing. And because there is no singing and to keep the church clean, we have removed the hymnals and Bibles. You’re welcome to bring your own Bible! We will use the screen to share scripture, too.
- Following worship, the ushers might dismiss you by pews - also just like at a wedding! This is to ensure social distancing. We ask that you exit the building as quickly as possible and limit more extended conversations to the outside. We ask that you kindly refrain from shaking hands, hugging, or other person-to-person contact. Thank you for your understanding!
- Restrooms will be open in the church during worship. We ask that you accompany any young children to the restrooms to ensure handwashing and safety protocols are followed. We will not be providing Nursery at this time.
We ask for your kind patience and grace as we make another transition in our worship and life together during this COVID-19 pandemic. As Christians, we are called to care for one another -- and we are committed to ensuring your safety while providing opportunities for worship, education, service, and fellowship.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Pastor Bill Uetricht or the church office at 231-744-1522.